This is a question I get a lot. I also believe many others are thinking it but are too shy to ask me.
It is a VERY valid and vital question to be asked and the answer understood. After all, if you don’t know why you are getting adjusted you just won’t get as much out of it. I know that you do want to get the most out of your adjustments so let’s find out what’s happening when you get “cracked”( oh do we chiropractors hate that word. Eggs crack. Some people smoke crack. People get Adjusted!)
The sole purpose of the adjustment is to remove a subluxation. Simple as that. So now the hundred thousand dollar question is “What in the world is a subluxation?” I’m glad you asked grasshopper…
TOP 7 FACTS ON SUBLUXATION
- Subluxation is a misaligned spinal bone (vertebrae) which causes compression, irritation, and damage to the nervous system. Causes “bad patterning” in the nervous system that leads to the “blueprint” of disease to be established.
- Subluxation causes INTERFERENCE on the Nervous System.
- Subluxation causes MALFUNCTION AND POOR HEALING in Organs, Muscles, Tissues, Glands and Cells due to the interference in the Nervous System.
- Subluxation left unremoved will result in lowered resistance to infection, allergy, illness, disease and will cause early death in time.
- Subluxations are caused primarily by Emotional Stress, Trauma, Chemicals and/or Toxins. In other words by the stresses of life.
- Subluxations don’t always cause pain, and left uncorrected will cause early death.
- Subluxations only get corrected by Chiropractic Adjustments. Physical therapy, ultrasound, massage etc. do not change the “blue printing” or “patterning” of the nervous system.
Thanks to my coach Dr. Phil Yamamoto for this list of subluxation facts.
Now that you know a little bit more of why you’re getting adjusted you will be getting that much more benefit from every adjustment.
See you at your next adjustment!